A “Two Fast” Truck Birthday Party for our Two Year Old
A rainy day in July did not stop us from having a blast at Saylor’s 2nd birthday party. Our little girl is beyond obsessed with trucks – such that she talks about them daily and always has her eye out for ones that pass our window! So, to put the biggest smile on this girl’s face we decided to make her second birthday party a Truck theme! And last minute, we had to shift the party from outdoors by the pool to indoors due to the weather.
- “Two Fast” balloon arch (used this balloon pump, otherwise I’d never have survived!)
- Truck balloons
- Toy Lego trucks (found at Wegmans)
- Check & road plastic tablecloths
- Check tiered cupcake stand
- Red utensils, plates and napkins
- Happy birthday sign (found at Party City)
- Black felt letter board
- Truck hanging decor
- “Two Fast” cake topper
- Check flag toothpicks
- Truck toothpicks
- Red/green/yellow/check centerpiece
- Construction “2” pinata
The balloon arch was easy to do but time-consuming! The kit comes with a string that you attach the balloons to, and then I used string to hang it from my window curtain rod.
The decor became a blend of race car and construction trucks – black, white, red, blue and yellow colors.
The desserts were a hit for the kids at the party! I kept it pretty simple.
- Road cupcakes – chocolate cupcake mix, dark chocolate icing, yellow icing to make the road dashes & truck/check flag toothpicks
- Construction “dirt” – I followed this recipe using chocolate pudding, cool whip and smashed Oreos with a gummy worm inside. Then topped with the construction truck toothpicks.